thumbnail_20200430_160222.jpg

More About Our Wagyu Cattle

My bull is Stonyrun Shig Hikokura 19, 04/09/2013 sired by World K’s Shigeshigetani (FB2907) and Dam by LMR MS ITOZURUDOE 8164U


His Sire, WORLD K’S SHIGESHIGETANI (FB2907) has powerful Wagyu genetics.  Shigeshigetani carries the Kumanami strain, which is famous for its strong marbling genes.  In 2009, World K reported on 3,800 SHIGESHIGETANI Bulls.  90% graded 3 full grades above USDA prime.  The remaining 10% graded Prime to Prime + and these impressive results remain consistent a decade later.


Stonyrun Shig Hikokura 19’s half-brother is Bar R Shigeshigetani 30T.  Shigeshigetani 30T ranked #1 for rib eye area, #1 for carcass weight, #2 for back fat, and #8 for marbling in the 2014 national wagyu sire summary with 26 progenies.  Bar R Shigeshigetani 30T is a large framed Tajima bull and his progeny show excellent carcass traits plus growth performance.


Marbling .35, Acc. .38, Ribeye 1.07, Acc. .37, Backfat -.12, acc. .37, # carcasses 26

American Wagyu beef is the result of cross-breeding Wagyu with high-quality breeds of cattle.  American Wagyu beef is prized because of its intense marbling and high percentage of oleaginous, intramuscular unsaturated fat.


The American Wagyu Association reports: 

“Not only is it a gastronomic delight, but it’s healthy for you too. Health experts have discovered the mono-unsaturated to saturated fat ratio is higher in Wagyu than in other beef and, the saturated fat contained in Wagyu is different. Forty percent is in a version called stearic acid, which is regarded as having a minimal impact in raising cholesterol levels. The profile of marbled Wagyu beef is more beneficial and healthier to human health.

Wagyu is also higher in a type of fatty acid called conjugated linoleic acid (CLA).  Wagyu beef contain the highest amount of CLA per gram of any foodstuff – about 30% more than other beef breeds – due to higher linoleic acid levels. Foods that are naturally high in CLA have fewer negative health effects.”


We are crossbreeding our 100% Wagyu bull STONYRUN SHIG HIKIKURA 19 to Registered Brangus Cows.   This produces Crossbred Wagyu F1 (50%).   


Why did we choose to cross with Brangus? Because combination results in a breed which unites the traits of two highly successful parent breeds. The Brahman, through rigorous natural selection, developed disease resistance, overall hardiness and outstanding maternal instincts. Angus are known for their superior carcass qualities. They are also extremely functional females which excel in both fertility and milking ability.


Our Cattle are left out to graze on pastures planted with native grasses for summer forage, and are fed hay with supplemental minerals along with Nutrena NUTREBEEF 20% CUBES AN (MG) during the winter months.

For finishing, we introduce Brewers Spent Grain, Nutrena NUTREBEEF 20% CUBES AN (MG) as well as, peanut hay and native hay.  They are free to graze on the grains and grasses at their choosing!


Our Cattle are routinely vet checked and provided only basic vaccines and/or medications that are normal to all cattle.  Our calves receive no antibiotics, growth hormones or animal byproducts.

Because we are a new farm our production plan is as follows:  Year one Should produce 16 F1 Heads.  By year three, we expect to produce 50 to 100 F1 Heads.


Genetic Certificate